Re: Friends of the Freight Car Shirts

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Brian Ehni wrote:
AFAIK, there is a difference between golf and polo shirts. True golf shirts have pockets (for score card and pencil). Polos do not. Always burns me when I see "golf shirts" advertised that are sans pockets.
That may well be the original distinction, but I can assure you that if you look in shirt catalogs, most styles can be had "with or without pockets" and are all called EITHER golf or polo. I've been through this numerous times in arranging for imprinted shirts for various conventions as well as FOTFC.

Publishers of books on railroad history