Re: Friends of the Freight Car Shirts

bill_d_goat

Tim is quite right. The FFC had its beginnings at a back yard BBQ at
Tony Thompson's home during the 1990 Pittsburgh NMRA convention. We
all got shirts at that event, and other shirts of different colors
were produced at intervals in the 1990s, but there were no dues,
officers, or organizational paraphernalia of any kind (intentionally
I attended the 1990 Pittsburg convention. I remember seeing Richard walking with GN guru Staffan Einhbom (sp?) who I knew, wearing mineral brown shirts that said "Freight Car Mafia" on them. Impressive!
Bill Williams