Re: SOURCE FOR 4/4 DREADNAUGHT ENDS

ed_mines

--- In STMFC@..., "billkeene2004" <wakeene@...> wrote:
I am at the beginning of an effort to scratch build at least six MKT 47001-47500 series stock cars. I am in need of a source for 4/4 Dreadnaught ends for these cars that have an inside height of 8'-7".

Bill, the suggestions about Details West ends and the ends in various resin kits are most accurate but a good stand in for 4/4 dreadnaught ends (with ladders cast on) would be the old AHM double door, double sheathed box car, especially if you can use the roof (it has peaked seem caps and is flat between the seem caps).

Ed