Re: Prototype Police

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 13, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Fred Freitas wrote:
Stop giving Mike & Jeff new ideas for Coco meet! Be careful
of what you wish for, it may come to pass. How much are non-proto
citations anyway ????
RIchard went as far as having fake police badges made, saying
"Prototype Police," and with the slogan "To Serve and Correct." He
made a great sight in his mirror aviator shades, flashing his badge at
offenders <g>. We started to work on a ticket book but decided we were
pushing the boat out a bit far.
I never considered that the Prototype Police act was especially
appropriate at Naperville or Cocoa Beach, but it might have generated
considerable merriment at NMRA conventions and such. Before we could
carry it further, however, the airline security measures that
followed 9/11 made carrying bogus law enforcement badges, shall we
say, unwise. I still have my badge and ID, though, and might
consider bringing them to an appropriate venue that I can attend by
driving or flying my own airplane. Such as the NMRA national
convention in Sacramento in 2011, perhaps? It might be one way to
find out whether the claims that NMRA officials are now more
receptive to the prototype modeling movement are genuine or just
window dressing.

Richard Hendrickson