Re: When is the grain rush?

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Dave Evans wrote:
I would assume that large eastern city bakery's would buy the grain when prices were low, and stockpile it while prices remained low, perhaps even carrying inventory into the following year's early harvest period in case prices went high during the initial harvest.
Can I jump in here? I don't know much about the grain business, but do BAKERIES buy grain? I'd assume they buy flour from the milling companies who make it from grain, so what BAKERIES think about grain prices is indirect.

Publishers of books on railroad history