Re: SANTA FE REFRIGERATOR CAR TRUCKS

John Hile

--- In STMFC@..., WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

Could someone please recommend the best
representation of a truck currently on the market for a Santa Fe RR-11
refrigerator car. The time period is the mid 40's.

Bill,

I have several Sunshine Rr-5-9,11 kits in various stages of completion and always keep an eye out for the right trucks.

Currently, I have my eye on the Tahoe, Buckeye, ARA 50-ton trucks (TMW-106 or TMW-206) as the closest match...the bolster end needs a vertical member, and there is no lateral motion device, but the sideframe shape, spring pack, and spring plank all look pretty good to me.

-John Hile