From: Mike Brock <brockm@...>
Subject: [STMFC] NYC 4 bay hopper lives too
To: STMFC@...
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 1:18 AM

Not meaning to start a lengthy thread...particulal y since the info is in
2009...but I will note that at about 6:30 PM today while watching an FEC frt
train roll by at a grade crossing, I was startled to see a 4 bay NYC
lettered open hopper roll by. The car had Conrail lettering on the side near
the end in relatively small lettering. Does it surprise anyone that this car
is still soldiering on at this stage in its life? Should I venture to that
crossing at 6:30 tomorrow in hopes of seeing an H3a N&W hopper...or a PFE
R-40-23?

Mike Brock