Re: USRA composite gondolas

rwitt_2000

I have posted a copy of that photo, which I "ripped" from the internet,
in the Photos Section in a folder titled "USRA".

I recall, I posted it the last time we had this discussion in the
STMFPH· Steam Era Frt Car Group Photos in a folder titled "Gondolas".

The photo is of SL-SF 85954, USRA gondola, still with is original wood
sides, which I am sure is the same photo that Tim has.

Bob Witt

SLSF 85954 was still in revenue service in 1958 - I have a shot
of the car loaded with pipe. One plank had been removed to make
an open slot below the top of the side.

Tim O'Connor

At one point I tried to find unmodified (or least modified) 40' USRA
cars still listed in the 1/53 ORER with composite sides. Below are
my
notes...

ACL 99300-99443, 141 cars
GM&O 12200-12374 most w/solid floors, 170 cars
L&N 73000-74999, 19 cars
SLSF 85000-85999 solid floors?, 358 cars

Additions and/or corrections are welcome.

John Hile