Re: USRA composite gondolas

Mark

Thank You, Bob!Mark Morgan

--- On Fri, 10/16/09, rwitt_2000 <rwitt_2000@...> wrote:

From: rwitt_2000 <rwitt_2000@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: USRA composite gondolas
To: STMFC@...
Date: Friday, October 16, 2009, 10:25 PM

I have posted a copy of that photo, which I "ripped" from the internet,

in the Photos Section in a folder titled "USRA".

I recall, I posted it the last time we had this discussion in the

STMFPH· Steam Era Frt Car Group Photos in a folder titled "Gondolas".

The photo is of SL-SF 85954, USRA gondola, still with is original wood

sides, which I am sure is the same photo that Tim has.

Bob Witt

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@ ...> wrote:

SLSF 85954 was still in revenue service in 1958 - I have a shot
of the car loaded with pipe. One plank had been removed to make
an open slot below the top of the side.
Tim O'Connor
At one point I tried to find unmodified (or least modified) 40' USRA
cars still listed in the 1/53 ORER with composite sides. Below are
my

notes...
ACL 99300-99443, 141 cars
GM&O 12200-12374 most w/solid floors, 170 cars
L&N 73000-74999, 19 cars
SLSF 85000-85999 solid floors?, 358 cars
Additions and/or corrections are welcome.
John Hile