Re: Athearn's loss others gain

David North <davenorth@...>

Athearn didn't say they weren't going to produce these models any longer.

They said the KITS were no longer going to be produced.

Their RTR line will, I'm sure continue, using the same tooling that they
have used to produce the kits for the last umpteen years.

I would assume for them this is a simple financial decision.

Let's say the kit costs $3 to mould and pack the parts, and retails for $10.

And the RTR costs $5 to mould, assemble and pack, and retails for $16.

(I actually think the cost would be about the same for either option)

Which would you prefer to sell, if you owned the company?

Cheers

Dave North