Tangent Scale Models: NEW HO ACF 70-ton welded drop-end Gondola available now!!

bnsd45

Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce our entry into the Steam-Diesel transition era modeling market with our stunning 52-6 welded 70-ton drop-end gondola car as produced by ACF, the third all-new model in our HO scale product line. First produced in 1948 for Pennsylvania Railroad as class G31, PRR alone purchased 11,600 welded cars of this body style in the G31/G31A/G31B/G35, serving the "Standard Railroad of the World" in every corner of North America in many customer applications. If you model somewhere in North America, you can use a PRR model; PRR had more of these gons than some railroads had cars! Besides PRR, other railroads also purchased these gondolas from ACF, and some former PRR cars were purchased second-hand by various railroads. Most of these gondolas were phased from revenue service during the 1990s.

The Tangent Scale Models prototype replica of the ACF-produced PRR G31B has never been produced in HO scale, making it a distinctive addition to any freight car fleet. And as typical of our products, we take the time to focus on execution of all the small details. We studied the prototype to accurately reproduce it with the following:

- Thoroughly-researched colors
- Exact fonts and lettering placement
- Scale-sized side tie-downs
- See through tie down holes
- Stand-off ladders
- Wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
- See-through brake platforms
- Interior detail
- Road-specific handbrakes applied to match production specifications
- Air hoses

The Tangent Scale Models gondola rides upon our well-executed new 70-ton ASF A-3 Ride-Control truck with free-rolling metal wheels. Our ready-to-operate replica is finished with coupler lift bars accompanying Kadee® scale couplers and sufficient hidden weights to ensure the model operates as good as it looks.

The model comes ready-to-run in three highly-accurate paint schemes, including:

- Pennsylvania Railroad G31B, original 1951 scheme PRR Freight Car Red, 24 road numbers available

- Southern Pacific G-70-12, original 1953 scheme SP Freight Car Red, 12 road numbers available

- Wabash, original 1951 scheme black, 6 road numbers

As always, we also offer undecorated kits, plus ready-to-run undecorated models.

Pricing for our new RTR gondolas is $28.95 each. See http://tangentscalemodels.com/acf70tongondolareplicas.aspx for a link to the new models!

All of these are available NOW on our website at www.tangentscalemodels.com or by ordering directly from us at 828-279-6106, or via your favorite dealer.

A supply of our new replicas will be available from the Southern Pacific Historical and Technical Society meet in San Luis Obispo CA on October 28 – November 1. They will also be available for purchase directly from Tangent Scale Models at the Sunshine Modelers Meet in Naperville IL, on October 29 – 31.

That wraps up our update for today! We thank you for continuing to support the little guys in our big industry!

David Lehlbach
Tangent Scale Models
www.tangentscalemodels.com
tangentscalemodels@...