Re: Proto 2000 8K tanks cars - are arch bars possible?

Dean Payne

The only 10K type 21 car I have is SUN OILS! And... it's already built! (One of Life's Little Victories) I'll have to make the truck swap pronto! I'll also need to backdate to K brakes, so I'm not done yet... Then I can think about starting on the UTLX cars.
Thanks!

Dean Payne

--- In STMFC@..., "Brian J Carlson" <prrk41361@...> wrote:

Dean: Kaminski's ACF tank car book shows numerous ACF Type 21's on archbars.
One model that I know P2k did was SUN OILS. However, I believe the UTLX cars
were acquired second hand when UTLX purchased other fleets, later in life so
I don't know if they would still have had arch bars then. Heck the UTLX car
you have could actually be out of your era since you model pre-40. I am sure
Richard Hendrickson will have more information.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY