From: Rod Miller
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 7:10 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Oil Distributor and Wine Tank Cars

This photo on eBay

http://tinyurl.com/ygyqql9

has a couple of interesting aspects.

For Gordon who was asking about oil distributors, it
shows a portion of the Standard Oil distributor's
facility.

Directly behind the loco are at least two (the
center two) wine tank cars. The dome diameter on
the fourth car indicates wine - see

http://users.snowcrest.net/photobob/sj23.html

It isn't possible
to see if the first car has additional domes. I
suspect all four are a block of wine cars. If
someone knows where I can find out more about wine
transport by rail (beyond Jim Lancaster's Chateau
Martin site and what has been discussed here
previously), I'd appreciate them letting me know.

Rod