Re: Current events

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Andy Carlson wrote:
I, as someone with an interest in Steam era freight cars and the Southern Pacific, am wondering if there is anything going on that might be of interest this weekend. Thanks in advance,
If you mean the SP Society's San Luis Obispo convention this weekend, we had 108 of the new Tangent SP gondolas (Class G-70-12) delivered, and they sold out in barely three hours. Superb models and precisely correct for the SP cars. The new WrightTRAK SP caboose, classes C-40-1 and C-40-3, was exhibited though not quite yet available for sale, and there was considerable interest in it, too. It's a beautiful kit.

Publishers of books on railroad history