Illinois Central Reefers was Re: Naperville

Bruce Smith

On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:33 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

And I'd like to add Stan Rydarowicz as an emerging resin kit maker
Stan has kits for PFE, IC, FGE/WFE/BRE, and NP reefers, as well as
some kitbash kits. And many detail parts too.
I'd like to ask a question about Stan's Illinois Central reefers. I tried to search the archives, but "IC" and "Reefer" get you every entry with "ice" and few folks actually spell out Illinois Central ;^)

I picked up two IC kits, the series 50000-50229 and 50300-50499. Stan indicated that these were built in 1938 and 1941 respectively. My ORER indicates 229 and 200 cars respectively, reporting marks "IC".

Can anyone provide more information, and perhaps an indication of where I might find some photos? The directions with the kits have no prototype information and little to none on what accessories these cars had. I'd also love to know what color to paint them ("yellow"?) and if there are any decals currently available (Stan indicated that Jim Singer might be releasing some).

BTW, these kits are resin sides and ends or just resin sides (depending on the car) that fit an IM reefer "core" and are available with or w/o fans (I went w/o)

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL