Re: [CDN-frt-cars-n-ops] 8 Hatch Canadian Reefers

brianleppert@att.net

There was a three part article on "Canada's eight-hatch iced refigerator cars" in Railroad Model Craftsman Dec. 1995, Jan. and Feb. '96.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "devansprr" <devans1@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "steve l" <stevelucas3@> wrote:

Dale--Few of these cars were built before WWII. Both freight and express reefers were covered in an extensive series of articles in RMC a number of years back.

Steve Lucas.
Steve & Group,

Is the RMC series on these reefers, or on reefers in general. I have some reefer info, but it does not mention these 8-hatch cars. Which RMC issues (approximate)? My last attempt at the on-line index was less than successful. (one hit for Culotta)

There are quite a few 42'6" cars in the '43 ORER for the Canadian roads that look to be recently built. Any chance these are the cars?

Thanks,
DAVE Evans