From: "Bill Welch" <bwelch@uucf.org>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 1:14 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Northern Pacific Monad size question

A Will Whittaker photo of NP double sheathed boxcar 12855 photographed in
March 1954, with a reweigh date of 10-52, shows the car with the larger
Monad or yin/yang symbol and "Main Street of the Northwest" stenciled below
it.

My question relates to the application of the monad to the NP's doubled
sheathed reefers. Would these reefers, or at least some of them, also had
the larger monad by the early fifties. Would they also have received the
"Main Street of the Northwest" slogan?

I am getting ready to start painting two "Norwest" reefer models and I am
wanting to think about how to decal them using the Microscale set, which
includes both sizes but provides no historical information regarding dates
of application of the various schemes.

Bill 'Welch <bwelch@uucf.org>
Associate Minister, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax
P.O. Box 130 Oakton VA 22124 www.uucf.org
Telephone 703 281-4230 Fax 703 281-5399