From: Dave Nelson
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:47 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Are We All Just a Bunch of Masochists?

Me: "Hi, My name is Dave. I buy kits of steam era freight cars... resin
kits".
Audience: "Hi Dave".
Me: "I started slow, buying just a few and actually building the kits, but
as time went on I was buying more and more".
Audience: Nods and mutters of personal awareness.
Me: "Now I just buy and store 'em with no thought of ever building them".

And so on.
Sound familiar?

Actually, I do have a purpose for my kits and that is as a hands-on example
of information that I can use to reproduce that car in 3d cad for use in
train simulator software.

Dave Nelson