Re: 8 Hatch Canadian Reefers

Tim O'Connor

Like Tony, I was mislead by the ORER listing showing "steel underframe"
reefer. This is usually code for "wood sided car" in the ORER. In the GT
listings the brine reefers are listed that way, and the AAR car type is
RAMH too. I didn't look at note JJ in the ORER that finally tells you the
cars had 8 overhead ice hatches.

Tim O'Connor

Tony, it's true that GTW had no steel reefers in 1953, but they did receive 100 all-steel 8-hatch copies of the Canadian design built by Pacific Car & Foundry in 1955 -- check that 1958 ORER again and look for the 206400 series

Ian Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
www.nakina.net