Re: Mini-kits WAS: Looking for a Sunshine Mini-kit

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

All this discussion on these great potential models makes one wonder why no
one has done a kit for them? There are certainly a lot of oddball resin kits
I need less (or not) than some of the great mini-kits and uni-body kits that
are "NLA".

I have a few mini-kit ideas for some enterprising entrepreneur:

1) PRR X29D box car: 1949 on; mini-kit would comprise one 40' overhanging
diagonal panel roof casting, and one side sill underframe casting, for use in
bashing an 8' Branchline 40' box car. Kit would include Circle Keystone, and
both Shadow Kstone lettering variants, plus instructions, P&L
suggestions/diagrams, and truck suggestions.

2) P&LE 40' 1944 AAR variant box car: 1949 on; mini-kit would comprise one
40' overhanging diagonal panel roof casting (as above), plus detail parts,
for use in bashing Branchline 6' door box car. Kit would include "Serves the
Steel Centers" and Century Green lettering schemes, plus instructions, P&L
suggestions/diagrams, and truck suggestions.

What are some more?

Elden Gatwood