From: Clark Propst <cepropst@netconx.net>
Subject: [STMFC] Gondola loads
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 1:35 PM

I've been thinking of a load I can put in my new Tangent gon. one that would terminate on my layout. I have Central Valley through truss bridge members I can use.

But, I'd like to try a covered load. I was thinking of a styrene base (so the car can be emptied) with several "tent poles" for lack of a better term glued upright. I would cover these with a single ply of toilet tissue. Then paint a proper color hoping the paint will make the tissue more rigid.

Anyone ever try this?

Clark Propst

Mason City Iowa