Re: Domino Sugar PS 2893

Greg Martin

Schuyler you old wag... #^)

This old wag has glasses but a nice big computer screen as well and when I
popped it up it sure did say New 6-54 on mine and I am pretty damn sure
taxes or not they would want to back date the car for accounting purposes or
any other reason...

Greg

In a message dated 11/6/2009 9:11:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
schuyler.larrabee@verizon.net writes:

This "wag" would like to point out that the "NEW 6 54" date seems to bear a
very close relationship
to Kurt's answer.

SGL

Thanks Kurt. A couple of the usual wags thought they could read
the built date on the car, so it's nice to have actual facts. I'm
sure it would be a waste of time to try to explain to some people
that a "new" date is NOT the same as a build date. NEW is a tax
category that has consequences for equipment amortization and does
not necessarily have anything to do with the construction date.

I'd like to see a roof shot of one of the cars -- I can't recall
seeing hatches exactly like that before.

Tim O'Connor

According to Ed's article in the 9/05 RMJ, ASRX 602-611 were built in
1954.
>Apparently a number of the "sugar cars" were delivered without roof
hatches
with later installation by the buyer.