Re: AT&SF Lg-2

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Hello Group,

This same photo is reproduced on page 100 of the recently released
SANTA FE OPEN-TOP CARS: FLAT, GONDOLA, AND HOPPER CARS 1902-1959, by
Richard Hendrickson.

The Lg-2 logging cars were constructed from Ga-8 class 50-foot mill
gondolas (1920 vintage).

I recommend this book for anyone interested in these open-top car
types of the Santa Fe. It well done, very informative, and a very good
addition to the Santa Fe Railway Rolling Stock Reference Series.

Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Nov 11, 2009, at 9:04 PM, Schuyler Larrabee wrote:

Wouldn't be my guess, the angle/channel structure looks like it was
all made at the same time..

SGL

Interesting side frame. By any chance is that cut down from a War
Emergency gondola?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> ,
Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
wrote:

And now, for something completely different -- This is a first
for me, I've never heard of a Santa Fe log (Lg) flat before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130342642018
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130342642018>

Database version: 6.13680