Re: Painting Trucks - picture

Ned Carey <nedspam@...>

Tim O'Connor wrote:
I "paint" trucks only rarely. I grit blast, wash them, and hit them w/
alcohol washes (india ink, rust, etc). They come out great. Sometimes
I go back over with Floquil dry brush to show oil spills, etc.

Tim is right on here. Blasting alone will make your trucks look pretty good and some quick washes can really make them look great.

Check out the photos section under Ned's models to see some trucks done this way. The basic gray color of the truck is the look of the truck after blasting.

Hopefully the link will wrap otherwise go to the group and check photos - Ned's Models
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/STMFC/photos/album/20463649/pic/1648737251/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Ned Carey