NJI&I 4100-4270 boxcars running board type

leakinmywaders

Does anyone have information on the type of running board and brake step on 40ft boxcars NJI&I 4100-4270? These are steel 8-panel riveted cars of 10ft 4 1/2in internal height, 5/5 ends, and--I think--rectangular panel roofs. From profile view the running boards appear to be metal. Though akin to standard 1944 AAR design (aside from the modified side panels side sills continuous between bolsters) these cars aren't listed in my version of Ed Hawkins' table of 1944 AAR boxcars.

Here's an excellent Jim Sands photo at Fallen Flags:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/wab/njii4254ajs.jpg

Also if anyone has suggestions about decal sources in HO for this car, I'd welcome that.

Thanks,

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT