From: Al Daumann <sp-blackwidow@sbcglobal.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, November 16, 2009 10:37:42 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Bieber 1947 4th quarter *02 cars (GN, WP Interchange At Bieber)

Allen,
Thanks for the reply. Since you are researching Bieber in 1947, I'll assume we share somewhat of a common interest in that place and time.

My freelanced railroad (Burney, Redding & Western) interchanges with both the GN and the WP in Bieber. I have some questions, which you may have some information about, regarding the coordination (or lack thereof) of the WP and GN arrivals and departures in Bieber. Did the bulk of the GN train become the WP and vice versa? If so, why are there twice as many WP trains as GN (I recognize the timetables are ofset by 2.5 years, which might explain the whole difference)? I'd like to see a GN timetable from 1947 or a WP timetable from 1950 for Bieber to come arrivals and departures.

I have an original WP Western Division Timetable (34) dated June 1, 1947. I also have a copy of a GN Klamath Division Timetable (10) dated January 1, 1950.

The WP timetable lists four "regular / scheduled" trains per day arriving or departing Bieber:
1) Eastward 2nd Class #154 Western Pacific Fast Freight arriving 2:00 AM
2) Eastward 2nd Class #178 Western Pacific Fast Freight arriving 10:40 AM
3) Westward 2nd Class #153 Western Pacific Fast Freight departing 12:30 AM
4) Westward 2nd Class #177 Western Pacific Fast Freight departing 1:00 PM

The GN timetable lists two "regular / scheduled" trains per day arriving or departing Bieber:
1) Eastward 2nd Class #386 departing 3:00 AM
2) Westward 2nd Class #387 arriving 6:55 PM

Again, I'm curious how the cars were routed / forwarded through Bieber to/from the GN to/from the WP.

Thanks in advance.

Al Daumann