Re: Accurail Offset Twin

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Dennis, does Accurail intend to offer this with heap shields?

Bill Welch
Bill,

Not at the present. The tooling was originally designed so it could be done with changeable inserts, until we realized that that would leave an objectionable "witness line" across what is supposed to be a flat continuous sheet. Since few of the triples had heap shields, we decided not to do it. When designing the twin, I see from Ed's roster that almost all the cars with heap shields are the AAR Alt. design, with the exception of L&N. Since these paint schemes are stand-ins at best anyway, we again decided not to worry about it. I can't say that we'll never do it, especially if someone wanted to commission a large custom run, but I don't see that happening. It will take new end inserts.

Dennis Storzek
Accurail, Inc.