From: SUVCWORR@... <SUVCWORR@...>
Subject: Heap Shields was Re: [STMFC] Re: Accurail Offset Twin
To: STMFC@...
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 11:56 AM

Stewart did offer the heap shield at one time as a separate part. I don't know if Bowser is still offering the or not. It was a add-on part to make the lone original demonstrator PRR H39 which had the heap shield. The shield was dropped from the production run of H39's. The shield was included on the demonstrator at the insistence of C&O who along with N&W partnered with the PRR to develop the H39.