Re: Bieber 1947 4th quarter *02 cars

Tim O'Connor

The tax dodge was incorporated into the plot of a Paul Newman
movie, The Young Philadelphians, where he saves a client big bucks
by shuffling some business from NJ to PA taxes.

Tim O'Connor

At 11/21/2009 04:53 PM Saturday, you wrote:
Frank Valoczy wrote:
I don't know what RDY is, but CRP is Central of Pennsylvania, which was a
subsidiary of Central of New Jersey for tax purposes. IIRC it was a court
order in 1952(?) that forced CNJ to abolish the CRP.
Probably means nothing in terms of Frank's abolishment/divestiture, but I photographed a CRP 70-ton flatcar at Colfax, CA, waiting in an eastbound freight in January 1959. The load was one beautiful sailboat, and one disheveled transient who probably had a very cold ride up from Roseville.

Tom Madden