Re: Bieber 1947 4th quarter *02 cars

Schuyler Larrabee

I don't know what RDY is, but CRP is Central of Pennsylvania, which was a
subsidiary of Central of New Jersey for tax purposes. IIRC it was a court
order in 1952(?) that forced CNJ to abolish the CRP.

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that CRP was set up around '52 in an effort to put some assets
of the CNJ out of the reach (well, that was the idea) of NJ tax authorities. A lot of rolling stock
was re-initialed with CRP with few if any other changes. I think that later this was determined to
be not legal.

Somebody on this list KNOWS the answer, I'm sure.

SGL

Database version: 6.13750