Re: InterMountain 70 ton flat car kits

Tim O'Connor

Bill, I wish all kits would adopt the simple style of the Accurail
41' gondola kit - basically a flat slab onto which you can readily
apply either an Accurail scale draft gear, Kadee 78, regular Kadee
or any other. The issue with flat cars is that you need two different
end sills -- one with a scale coupler opening and one with the wider
opening for non scale draft geaar. I don't suppose Intermountain did
that did they?

Tim O'Connor

I have not seen the 70-ton flat cars yet. What is the method of
installing the couplers on these cars. The experience I had with the
IM reefers with the press fit coupler box cover resulted in removal
of the entire box and installation of new boxes to install the
Sergent couplers. Hopefully the flat car uses some other method than
the press fit coupler box cover.

Bill Keene
Irvine, CA