Re: Wabash large flag lettering scheme

Tim O'Connor

David

Digging through the ORER's, sometime between 1955 and 1959 Wabash
converted 33 of the 50 Wabash 12600-12649 series to Ford auto frame

As it happens, the TANGENT model I bought, 12625, was not converted
by 1959. Phew!

All of the ORER's show these Wabash gondolas listed as COAL cars! Weird.

I have photos of two repainted Wabash 52' gondolas (11615/11623) with huge
WABASH roadname and a small flag to the right of the name. However it does
appear that 11623's flag is slightly larger (maybe 10-15%) than 11615's.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Tim O'Connor

At 11/22/2009 11:27 PM Sunday, you wrote:
While on the subject of Wabash repaints, does anyone have shots of the ACF 70-ton welded gondolas repainted into any Wabash schemes? We are looking for repaint possibilities for the Tangent Scale Models HO scale gondola model.

Thank you!

David Lehlbach
Tangent Scale Models