From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
tmolsen@...
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 4:17 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] NYC freight car lettering

List,

Can anyone advise as to when the New York Central went to the Gothic
lettering for freight equipment? My time period and area of choice is PRR
Middle Division Harrisburg/Enola to Altoona in late 1953.

It is a relevant question in as how for every PRR car on the property, there
were a like number of NYC cars at the same time due to the numerous points
on interchange (much to the dismay of the great unwashed number of SPF's).