Re: InterMountain 70 ton flat car kits

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Richard, Tom, Andy, and Group,

Thank you for the info regarding the IM coupler box on the 70-ton
flatcar.

Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Nov 23, 2009, at 6:37 AM, Andy wrote:

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson
<rhendrickson@...> wrote:

On Nov 22, 2009, at 10:05 AM, William Keene wrote:

I have not seen the 70-ton flat cars yet. What is the method of
installing the couplers on these cars. The experience I had
with the
IM reefers with the press fit coupler box cover resulted in
removal
of the entire box and installation of new boxes to install the
Sergent couplers. Hopefully the flat car uses some other method
than
the press fit coupler box cover.
Bill, the coupler box covers on the IM flat cars are neatly held in
place by small flat head screws.

Richard Hendrickson
Have been using a countersink to make 2-56 flat head screws fit
flush on the cover. Also tap the old pin hole for 2-56s. BTW
McMaster-Carr & others are a good source for small screws at much
better prices than your LHS.