Coutts, Alberta (was: Canadian tank cars south of 49)

al_brown03

Coutts, Alberta, is a twin town with Sweetgrass, Montana. It's a significant port of entry to this day. The local railroad is a GN branch that comes up from Virden, just west of Shelby; I don't know where it goes on the Canadian side.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Valoczy" <destron@...> wrote:

<snip>
Speaking of Coutts, MT, what road was that on, was it the GN? I'm not
clear on whether the photo I found of a whole string of Imperial Oil tank
cars there was delivering product or picking up crude, though I'd suspect
the latter.

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC