From: Andy <eandyjr1@verizon.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, November 23, 2009 9:37:40 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: InterMountain 70 ton flat car kits

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@ ...> wrote:

On Nov 22, 2009, at 10:05 AM, William Keene wrote:

I have not seen the 70-ton flat cars yet. What is the method of
installing the couplers on these cars. The experience I had with the
IM reefers with the press fit coupler box cover resulted in removal
of the entire box and installation of new boxes to install the
Sergent couplers. Hopefully the flat car uses some other method than
the press fit coupler box cover.
Bill, the coupler box covers on the IM flat cars are neatly held in
place by small flat head screws.

Richard Hendrickson
Have been using a countersink to make 2-56 flat head screws fit flush on the cover. Also tap the old pin hole for 2-56s. BTW McMaster-Carr & others are a good source for small screws at much better prices than your LHS.

Reply to sender | Reply to group Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity: * New Members 2 * New Photos 5
Visit Your Group Start a New Topic
MARKETPLACE
Parenting Zone: Find useful resources for a happy, healthy family and home

.