ADMIN: Christmas

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

OK, Guys,

As Tony Thompson says...the issue about being politically correct is WAY out of bounds for the STMFC.

On the STMFC, any name of a United States holiday is completely permissable IF it is associated with steam era frt cars....as would any other name not normally associated with steam era frt cars. Certainly Christmas was a national holiday during the steam era and the name is definitely usable on the STMFC IF it is associated with steam era frt cars. How some people view the name Christmas and other holidays such as Columbus Day { I mean...did he really discover the new world? } now is up to them and, while such views are their own business, any comments about the politically correctness of the term is completely out of scope on the STMFC and will be interpreted as a political statement [ not good ]. Reference to any other day of significance...say, my birthday...is also permitted IF it has an association with steam era frt cars.

Consider this message to be a warning of imminent jail time if ignored. The STMFC is NOT going to be a forum for discussing political issues.

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner