ADMIN: Christmas...more

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

I should perhaps note that the reason why the use of the name of a holiday on the STMFC is not permitted except when associated with steam era frt cars has nothing to do with any holiday but simply conforms to the STMFC rule:

"ALL SUBJECTS OTHER THAN THOSE DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH STEAM ERA FREIGHT
CARS ARE PROHIBITED FROM MEMBER MESSAGES."

Since this issue might be a bit sensitive to some, I will note for those not in the original 30 that formed the STMFC, a commitment was asked for by the 30...and given...that the STMFC would be restricted to frt car issues and we have tried to maintain that promise. Therefore, do not interpret the STMFC position with regard to the term Christmas...or Veteran's Day...or any other day of significance or government institution as if the STMFC management is opposed to the use of such term...except on the STMFC. In fact, casual use of a greeting containing the term Christmas is, of course, historically significant and is not going to be treated negatively if it occurs on the STMFC.

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner