Re: ADMIN: Christmas

Bob Slavinski

Thanks Mike......I agree with you 100%....Bob Slavinski

________________________________
From: Mike Brock <brockm@brevard.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, November 23, 2009 7:16:25 PM
Subject: [STMFC] ADMIN: Christmas

OK, Guys,

As Tony Thompson says...the issue about being politically correct is WAY out
of bounds for the STMFC.

On the STMFC, any name of a United States holiday is completely permissable
IF it is associated with steam era frt cars....as would any other name not
normally associated with steam era frt cars. Certainly Christmas was a
national holiday during the steam era and the name is definitely usable on
the STMFC IF it is associated with steam era frt cars. How some people view
the name Christmas and other holidays such as Columbus Day { I mean...did he
really discover the new world? } now is up to them and, while such views are
their own business, any comments about the politically correctness of the
term is completely out of scope on the STMFC and will be interpreted as a
political statement [ not good ]. Reference to any other day of
significance. ..say, my birthday...is also permitted IF it has an association
with steam era frt cars.

Consider this message to be a warning of imminent jail time if ignored. The
STMFC is NOT going to be a forum for discussing political issues.

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner