Wright Trak SAL gondola kit

Clark Propst <cepropst@...>

I'm about finished with a Wright Trak SAL gondola kit I bought from them at Trainfest. (Hope their models sold well)

If memory serves me correctly the kit contained the body, Tichy brake sprue, weight (which was too long), trucks, and a piece of brass wire, decals, plus two sheets of instructions.

The instructions included one typed page and one page with four photocopied photos of the constructed model. The instructions mentioned an inside floor and etched parts sprue, which were not in my kit. The builder didn't recommend using the etched parts anyway?

I was able to dig up the styrene for the floor, grab irons, sill steps, cut levers, and a brake platform.

Construction time was what you'd expect from a one piece bodied gon. Drilling holes for the grabs and steps and adding the Tichy brake parts.

One item missing from the kit that makes it impossible to finish is a good photo of a completed model or prototype. I had no idea what color to paint it or where to place the decals! I was able to obtain the information from a friend.

I paid $40 for the kit.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa