Re: Christmas Trees by Rail

Ross McLeod <cdnrailmarine@...>

In my experience trees moved from British Columbia in standard box cars to Texas - late sixities.

Carriers restrict the use of high class cars for hauling material that would damage the inside of the car, therefore I would not see a railway giving a working reefer to a tree shipper. Realize there was a  test case was made in a reefer.

In my experience these shipments were given very high priority, traced and expedited constantly thru the approx one month period they moved.

Also of course reefers would have incur additional charges for protective service.

Ross McLeod Calgary

http://www.flickr.com/gift/