Re: Coke questions

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Dennis S. wrote:
I wouldn't say silvery... it's not shiney at all, and nowhere near that light in color. I remember handling it for my neighbor's forge when I was a kid. If I had to match it for color, I'd say somewhere between Floquil Grimy Black and a photographer's 18% gray card (anyone still use those things?)
I'd agree about the gray scale, and certainly it isn't metallic at all, but to call the typical coke sheen "silvery" seems about right to me. It is most certainly not a flat gray. Not sure how to model it believably.

Publishers of books on railroad history