Re: Wright Trak SAL gondola kit

Clark Cooper

I'm about 2/3 the way through my SAL gon that I also picked up at TrainFest. My kit came with the etched parts sprue and a weight that was too long, but no floor. Despite the recommendations, I used the etched parts where I could since I paid good money for them. Oddly, however, the etched grabs are too wide for the precast bolt detail on the ends of the car, so I made some out of brass wire.

Does anyone know of any online photos of this car? Google isn't being very helpful.

Thanks.
Clark Cooper
Iowa City Iowa

On Nov 24, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Clark Propst wrote:

I just decaled one side of the gon and about had a heart attack. The New Date on the decal sheet is 1957. I model 54. But, a quick glance at the prototype photos showed one with a reweigh date of 1950.

I find it extremely necessary to include a prototype data sheet with each model kit.

Decals are nice quality, no repack data though.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa