Re: Coke questions

major_denis_bloodnok <smokeandsteam@...>

... was immediately recognizable as coke due to the gray color
and "silvery" appearance in certain lighting. I'd assume this was
steelmaking coke.
I'd a gree that there is a certain metallic sheen to many types of coke, but this tends to disappear when it is seen in bulk.

If you want to model coke loads I have had success by dying Woodland Scenics Talus with thinned black Indian ink. This gives a slightly grey finish and simulates the appearance of a load of coke pretty well, though it does not bear up so well when scrutinised at the level of the individual lump

HTH

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton
Ramona CA