Re: Pennsy box car # PRR81945

Tim O'Connor

Scott

PRR 81945 in 1950 is a 50 foot double door X41a box car - no mention
of any end door. The X41a/X41b series were postwar cars. Many of the
X41b's were equipped for LCL and painted in the Merchandise Service
paint scheme. (They were single 7 foot door cars.)

Tim O'Connor

At 11/24/2009 07:42 PM Tuesday, you wrote:
Could someone tell me about PRR 81945 a box car with a dreadnaught end door. It is in a photograph that appears to be in the late 1940's or 50's. I am looking for what era this car would have been in service and what class of cars they were in. Were they build for a specific type of service?