Re: Christmas Trees by Rail

Robert kirkham

I think a lot changed with the artificial tree. Not sure when those really took off sales wise in North America, but they were certainly common enough when Schultz did Charlie Brown's Christmas. Of course the artificial trees would be shipped too - but not necessarily on the same time line as age wouldn't spoil them

Robert Kirkham

From: "Jon Miller" <atsf@izap.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:56 AM
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Christmas Trees by Rail

I'm guessing shipping by rail was most of Dec. (maybe late Nov.) until
the 25. It seems that ** trees were put up differently in the steam era
than now. I remember ours went up the 24th and came down the 1st., at least
in the 40s. As this list goes to 60 the purchasing time window would have
changed and I suspect by 60 they weren't delivered by train anymore.
Thoughts?

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time stopped in 1941