Re: Intermountain bulkhead cars

spsalso

I think the B&O car is accurate... but is the NYC flat ok?

B&O http://www.imrcmodels.com/ho/html/48753.htm
NYC http://www.imrcmodels.com/ho/html/48752.htm

Thanks
Tim O'Connor
On the prototypes, the triangular cutouts in the sides of the bulkhead supports are smaller on the B&O car than the NYC--the bottom of the triangle is higher. I called Intermountain and asked which they were doing. I was told the B&O. This would imply the NYC car is wrong, though not by much--one could probably file the bottom of the triangle downwards to get the NYC version; though if there are also the same triangular cutouts in the inner braces, those could get kinda nasty. There may be other differences, but this one was quite noticeable to me.

Ed

Edward Sutorik