Re: Intermountain ATSF caboose

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Jared,

In a word... NO. You will not be alone on such a list... limited as it may be.

The doodlebug powered mixed trains (#79-80) on the Gridley Branch did not use a caboose. Even when the motorcar was on occasion replaced with a more conventional type of motive power, the train carried a Coach-Baggage-Caboose mixed train combine.

I also believe that Steve Sandifer's Howard Branch operations will be "cabooseless."

Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Nov 29, 2009, at 9:22 AM, almabranch wrote:

Will I be the only steam era Santa Fe modeler that won't have one of the versions of a steel or wooden caboose on their layout?
Jared Harper
Athens, GA

--- In STMFC@..., Andy Sperandeo <asperandeo@...> wrote:

Thanks Steve,

That's very useful. I'm working on four of these cars right now myself. I've already decided to use Tahoe Model Works Bettendorf Swing-Motion trucks, and LaserKit window screens, both of which look more like the real thing than the kit parts.

Andy

Andy Sperandeo
Executive Editor
Model Railroader magazine