Erie Horizonal rib hopper

Eric Hansmann

I'm working on an HO scale F&C resin kit for an Erie horizonal rib hopper car. The builders image shows horizontal members of pressed steel shapes, while in-service images from the 1930s and 1940s show the horizontal members to be z-section steel shapes. I assume this change occurred with the cars were rebuilt. Is this a correct assumption? If so, what year did the rebuildings begin?

I am modeling late 1926 and am at a point in the kit construction where some simple carving off of detail can make the model a better match for the earlier pressed steel shape construction members.

Eric

Eric Hansmann
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Starting over in a new house: