Re: Railway Gazette and Railway Age

Al and Patricia Westerfield <westerfield@...>

Richard - I did that to see CBCs at the Crerar Library in Chicago. By mistake I showed up at the distribution center where I saw troglodytes heaving priceless volumes off a truck in the most careless way, spilling books, tearing bindings, etc. Good luck.... - Al Westerfield

----- Original Message -----
From: richtownsend@netscape.net
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Railway Gazette and Railway Age

Thanks to all who have replied so far on this matter. The only "local" library of which I am aware that carries any of these is the Oregon State University library, and they have the issues from 1918-1948 in off-site storage. You have to request them to bring them to the library. Since the library is about a two-hour drive away and you have to ask for items in storage in person the day before you want to use them I was hoping to avoid having to ask for all 31 volumes just on the hope that something relevant exists.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon